Assisted Living - Resident Care Manager
Resident Care Manager
Generations offers an outstanding supportive environment for professionals passionate about care and interested in forming real relationships with our residents.
Generations is a second-generation family owned and operated company located in Berea, OH. Employees are empowered to make decisions and we support their ongoing education. Our retention rates are very high because we know every employee counts and no one does it alone. Together, we can make a difference “Every family has a story. Welcome to Ours!”
The Resident Care Manager supports the Director of Nursing in meeting resident needs and assisting the resident with activities of daily living. They will, communicate resident changes to the nurse, take monthly weights and vitals, assist with dressing and bathing, serve meals as needed, escort residents to meals or activities, respond appropriately to emergency situations, and others duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Director of Nursing or Staff Nurse; Resident Care Director
Positions Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Residents, family, and other health care team members
- Shall be at least eighteen years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of weight and vital training
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Standard First Aid course.
- Successful completion of training that covers the correct techniques of providing personal care service.
- Attends all staff meetings, staff development programs and continuing education programs as required
- Adhere to all Department, Administrative and Personnel Policies & Procedures
- Ensure that personal care and assistance with activities of daily living are performed in a timely and caring manner.
- Performs personal care as outlined in the resident’s service plan.
- Aids residents with dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, and eating as scheduled and as needed.
- Escorts residents to meals or activities as needed.
- Meets resident’s unscheduled needs as appropriate.
- Is sensitive to the resident’s personal care needs and ensures resident trust and confidentiality.
- When needed, serve resident meals in an efficient and pleasant manner, in the dining room or resident suite.
- Assist the nursing department in monitoring and caring for resident’s wellbeing.
- Meet with nursing and attendants at the beginning and end of each shift to pass on information relevant to resident care and quality of life.
- Perform monthly vitals and weights for each resident and record this information.
- Communicate to the shift nurse any observations or changes in the resident that may need intervention and record specific information in the day book.
- Responds to the resident’s emergency notification system at all times.
- Ensure resident safety and help to provide a clean and sanitary environment.
- Assist to maintain resident’s suites in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Assures that resident’s linens and personal clothing are clean and appropriate. May be required to launder residents’ clothing.
- Responds to emergency situations as outlined in the fire and disaster manual.
- Practices standard precautions at all times.
- Adheres to all sanitary regulations governing the handling and service of food as needed.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Vacation and Sick Pay
Job Type: Full-time
EMAIL RESUME TO: Amber Voorheis, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to take the next step?
Fill out the form and send us your resume.Note: Form fields appended with the asterisk (*) are required to ensure the best possible response to your submitted information