Hospice RN Case Manager
Are you a Registered Nurse with experience and passion for Hospice? If so, we are looking for you. Cypress Hospice is a hospice provider servicing Cuyahoga County. Our company is committed to honoring the lives of those we serve by providing compassionate care and support. Together, we can make a difference by “Celebrating Life’s Journey."
Job Summary: To provide nursing services to Hospice patients in home and facility settings. Provide support to families during patient's end of life care and time of bereavement.
1. Regularly assess and reassess the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
2. Provides dietary counseling.
3. Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
4. Initiates nursing procedures appropriate for the patient’s Hospice care and safety.
5. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and IDG members any unexpected changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
6. Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about providing care for the patient.
7. Supervises and trains other nursing service personnel.
8. Develops and re-evaluates the patient/family care plan in conjunction with IDG to meet needs and maintain continuity of care.
9. Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of symptoms) following doctor’s orders.
10. Participates in on-call system and is responsible for providing on-call coverage when unavailable for assigned duties.
11. Coordinates the implementation of the plan of care for patients residing in SNF, NF, ICF or MR.
12. Organizes work schedule and utilizes time management to be able to attend all required meetings.
Educational/Degree: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Training/Licensure: Currently licensed as a registered nurse to practice in the state.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered nurse, preferred. Active patient contact within past three years, preferred. Hospice Experience not required but preferred.
Physical Requirements: Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations.
Mental Requirements: Must be able to work independently, make judgments based on assessments and data available and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate emotional stability.
Working Conditions: Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.
Transportation: Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
EMAIL RESUME TO: Jessica Salinas, Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to take the next step?
Fill out the form and send us your resume.Note: Form fields appended with the asterisk (*) are required to ensure the best possible response to your submitted information