Social Worker Job Duties:
- Perform initial psychological, emotional, spiritual and bereavement assessments. Assist in development and implementation of goal directed IDG care plan.
- Conduct ongoing reassessments of patient and family needs as required.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and individual or family counseling as required.
- Provide services under the direction of a physician who approves plan of care.
- Participate as a member of the bereavement team as assigned.
- Observe, assess and contribute information to IDG conferences regarding psycho-social, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial conditions affecting patient and family.
- Assume the active role of advocate for the patient and family unit.
- Develop and maintain contact with appropriate community agencies and services to promote inter-agency cooperation and to facilitate related referrals.
- Document comprehensive psycho-social, emotional and spiritual assessment clearly and concisely in a timely manner.
- All patient and family visits, telephone contacts and referral actions are to be recorded in the patient record per policy.
- Provide ongoing counseling related to issues of death and dying to patient and family as needed.
- Attend staff meetings, IDG and other meetings as assigned and appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional development and maintenance of skills in social work.
- Exhibit Hospice philosophy in all job-related roles. Adhere to all Hospice policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator.
Experience and Education:
- MSW degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is required.
- Minimum one year of experience in a healthcare setting is required.
- Minimum two years of experience as a social worker is required.
- Ability to work independently making accurate and at times quick judgement. Ability to respond appropriately to a crisis outside of a hospital setting. Acceptance and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural and religious modes.
Ready to take the next step?
Fill out the form and send us your resume.Note: Form fields appended with the asterisk (*) are required to ensure the best possible response to your submitted information