- Verify patient eligibility, benefits and all required information to prepare claims.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required.
- Utilize appropriate billing forms for claim submission. Review patient billing for accuracy and completeness.
- Submit timely billing of all patient accounts including Medicare, Medicaid and third party payors and patient co-payments.
- Knowledge of intermediary billing policies and requirements.
- Prompt follow up on unpaid or denied claims within established billing cycle with required documentation. Research and appeal denied claims.
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to patient accounts.
- Assist in implementation of policies and procedures and reporting of financial information.
- Display a willingness to support policies and procedures and use appropriate channels for changes of such policies.
- Observe confidentiality and safeguards regarding all patient related information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience in healthcare billing.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party reimbursement requirements.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and provide knowledge and skills to billing.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
- Customer service skills for interacting with third parties relating to patient accounts.
Ready to take the next step?
Fill out the form and send us your resume.Note: Form fields appended with the asterisk (*) are required to ensure the best possible response to your submitted information