Generations offers an outstanding supportive environment for professionals passionate about care and interested in forming real relationships with our residents.
Generations is a second-generation family owned and operated company located in Berea, OH. Employees are empowered to make decisions and we support their ongoing education. Our retention rates are very high because we know every employee counts and no one does it alone. Together, we can make a difference “Every family has a story. Welcome to Ours!”
The Housekeeper is present to ensure that the facility is clean and well serviced at all times. Responsible to provide a clean, safe, and sanitary environment for each resident, the resident families and co-workers.
Supervised by: Housekeeping Supervisor or Environmental Services Director
Positions Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Residents, family, and other health care team members
Educational/Degree Shall be at least sixteen years of age.
Attends all staff meetings, staff development programs and continuing education programs as required
Adhere to all Department, Administrative and Personnel Policies
- Provide housekeeping services that maintain the facility clean and well serviced at all times.
- Responsible for completing daily housekeeping assignments, which include residential suites, common areas and office areas.
- Responsible to maintain organizational skills of daily tasks to meet the facility standards, regulations and resident needs at all times.
- Responsible for re-stocking supplies of various departments as assigned.
- Responsible to follow facility policies and procedures of the housekeeping/laundry department related to proper cleaning techniques and sanitation standards.
- Ability to adjust daily work assignments to accommodate resident and facility needs.
- Responsible to maintain housekeeping cart in organized manor, restocking cleaning supplies and paper products as necessary to complete daily tasks.
- Adhere to all proper sanitation standards: use cleaning supplies and equipment appropriately, and according to manufactures instructions.
- Report any hazardous conditions and broken equipment to department supervisor.
- Provides high quality, professional laundry services for residents and the facility.
- Accurately handle resident personal laundry and linens, minimizing confusion and lost items.
- Efficiently process laundry following manufactures instructions for sorting, washing, drying and ironing.
- Ensures proper handling of any contaminated clothing or linens, according to infection control policies. Adheres to Facility Standards.
- Be attentive to resident and family needs and concerns
- Understands the cross-functional relationships and cooperation required among departments of the facility.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- Vacation and Sick Pay
Job Type: Full-time