Welcoming new residents and keeping them safe during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Generations Healthcare Management we are committed to protecting and promoting the health and safety of our residents, employees, families, and friends. To that end we remain both vigilant and diligent in our ongoing monitoring and preparation in managing this pandemic. Our family has always been and continues to be committed to delivering the best in care and services. We thank you for placing your trust in us and remain ready to serve you in every way possible.
Update as of January 13, 2021: We are excited to announce that our communities will be receiving the COVID-19 vaccine so that we can begin to stop the spread of this virus across our country and get back to a normal life. The vaccine will be available to residents who choose to receive it. Residents must move in prior to January 27 or February 13 to be guaranteed to receive both vaccines. Learn more about our participation in the CDC COVID-19 vaccination program.
The Coury Family
IS GENERATIONS ACCEPTING NEW RESIDENTS AT THIS TIME?
Yes, we are still safely accepting new residents at our Berea and Strongsville locations. To protect the health and safety of our residents, their families and our staff we have adjusted our move-in process. Please continue reading for more information on our added safety measures. We invite you to schedule a personalized virtual tour of our communities.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COVID-19 VACCINATION?
This COVID-19 Vaccination Fact Sheet is provided by the Ohio Healthcare Association. The PDF contains helpful information about the vaccination and provides links to educational information from the CDC, vaccine distribution locations, and additional resources.
We are excited to announce that our communities will be receiving the COVID-19 vaccine so that we can begin to stop the spread of this virus across our country and get back to a normal life. Learn more about our participation in the CDC COVID-19 vaccination program.
HOW DOES GENERATIONS PROTECT RESIDENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM THE VIRUS?
While no one can guarantee an individual will not contract the coronavirus, at Generations Healthcare Management we have implemented the following safeguards to assist in minimizing the exposure:
- All residents and employees are monitored daily for symptoms of the virus including temperature checks.
- Employees wear face masks daily and additional protective clothing (gloves, gowns, eye protection) are utilized as needed.
- Residents wear face masks while in the common areas of the community.
- Hand hygiene is required of employees and encouraged and assisted with all residents including the use of hand sanitizers.
- Social distancing is practiced between residents as well as between staff members, except during the provision of personal care services to residents.
- The common areas are cleaned often with industrial cleansers and supplies.
- The communities follow the Ohio Department of Health guidelines for visitation between residents and family members.
- We continuously purchase Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure our employees and residents have the supplies necessary to minimize the risk of contracting the virus.
- We have limited access to our communities to only essential personnel at this time.
- Our communities participate in state-supported employee surveillance testing for the virus, as well as targeted resident testing if symptoms are present.
IS IT SAFE FOR MY LOVED ONE TO MOVE RIGHT NOW?
While the decision to move can be daunting, especially during a pandemic, rest assured the Generations staff follows strict COVID-19 protocols to ensure health and safety.
Our added safety protocols come from the direction of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Ohio Department of Health, Cuyahoga County Board of Health and through our affiliations with both the Ohio and American Healthcare Associations.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A RESIDENT OR EMPLOYEE CONTRACTS COVID-19?
Should a resident or employee contract COVID-19, our first response will be to ensure that individual receives the appropriate medical care and services. We will notify the county health department and begin a collaboration with them in implementing best practices for any other resident or employee who may have been exposed to that individual. This could include self-quarantine, testing and any other measures deemed necessary by the health department.
In addition, we will ensure that all residents, responsible parties, and employees are aware of the positive case and appropriately advised of any precautions that should be implemented at that time.
WILL I BE ABLE TO VISIT MY LOVED ONE?
Socialization is paramount for our residents’ health and well-being. We are keeping our residents connected with their loved ones by offering:
HOW DOES GENERATIONS STAY INFORMED?
To implement and promote the best policies for the safety for all, it is vitally important that we remain informed about the latest information in managing and containing the virus. At Generations Senior Living, we not only stay informed, we assist at the state level in the development and implementation of policies optimal for senior living communities.
Two principals of GSL are also Board members of the Ohio Healthcare Association, the state’s largest association of long-term care providers. In this capacity, we combine practical experience with best practices in developing policy that can be applied throughout the long-term care continuum.
In addition, on a daily basis, we monitor the news and information from:
- Ohio Healthcare Association (OHCA) www.ohca.org
- American Healthcare Association (AHCA), Ohio www.ahcancal.org
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) https://www.cms.gov
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH) https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
Remaining current with the everchanging information and guidance from these agencies is essential for our ability to keep our residents and employees healthy and informed.
We remain committed to delivering the best care and service for you and your loved ones. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.